How many emails are in your inbox right now?
More than 50? 100? More than that?
I find that my inbox is one area that can get out of control very quickly.
For one thing, there are so many cool websites out there and when we find one that we like, of course we want to sign up for their newsletter so that we can learn more.
And there are certain, larger sites that will sign you up to multiple email lists when you think you’re just signing up for one.
I took a survey the other day and wound up somehow subscribing myself to a number of email lists that I didn’t intend to join.
So what do you do about all of those emails coming into your already crowded inbox?
I have two suggestions: Google Mail and Unroll.me.
I’m sure you are already familiar with Gmail.
If not, here are a few of the reasons that I like and use it:
- It sorts my mail into tabs – Primary, Social, and Promotions. That way the important stuff – Primary – is front and center while the less important stuff – Promotions – is behind a tab of it’s own.
- I can read an email and mark it unread, star it as important, archive it, search for it, and save it to a folder that I create.
- The storage available is huge – 15 GB.
- Best of all? It’s free.
Unroll.me is a service that I have been using for some time now; over a year I would think. Here’s why:
- Unroll.me lets me choose all of the email that I want to “roll up”. It puts all of these emails into one “Daily Rollup” which is basically an email from Unroll.me. When I open it up, all of my emails are inside, already opened for me. I just scroll through and read the ones I want.
- Unroll.me also keeps track of every email list you subscribe to and every so often will prompt you – at the top of the daily rollup – to go through those new emails and add them to your rollup.
- One of the coolest features is that Unroll.me makes it super simple to unsubscribe to any email in your list. Just hit the button and they take care of the rest.
- And like gmail, Unroll.me is free!
You seriously need to try these two tools for your email inbox. Simplifying your email will be so easy!