I have used herbs for years as a more natural alternative to medications.
Don’t get me wrong – some medications have their place and I take my share of those as well. But if I can get good results by using an herbal preparation, I’m going to try that first.
I grow and dry some of my herbs such as lemon balm, chamomile, and sage. Since I am a challenged gardener at best, I end up purchasing most of my herbs. (Except for lemon balm – it’s a member of the mint family and a prolific spreader, so do yourself a favor and plant it in a container.)
I have been purchasing my herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs for over 10 years and have always been completely satisfied.
- Mullein leaf – brew and drink as a tea. It has a “green” taste and is very good at gently drying runny noses.
- Seasons of Discontent tea – a blended tea meant to help with allergy symptoms.
- Chamomile tea – buy the leaves and brew your own, or just get the tea. Good for sleep as well as calming.
- Lemon balm – brew and drink as a tea. Great taste, good for calming or sleep.
- St Johns Wort – brew as a tea. Effective for depression, good for sleep.
- Rhodiola Root capsules – Rhodiola root tastes very bitter, so capsules are a better choice here.
- Camu camu
Lack of focus