We all know the importance of taking time for ourselves and yet we rarely do it.
Oh, wait. I know.
You’re too busy. You’re behind. Other people are more important.
You’re important too. Just as important as anyone else.
And you need to take some time for you so that you can do all that you do and be even more amazing.
Here are 5 easy ways that you can take some time for you. Put one into use this week.
1. Go to the gym. (What? That’s not fun!) Actually you only have to work as hard as you want to. The important part is that, in addition to being good for you, it gives you some time alone with no one to put demands on you. A pleasant walk would work too.
2. Go to a salon that really makes you feel good and get a haircut or a mani-pedi. The salon where I get my hair cut gives you the most incredible neck and scalp massage while they are shampooing your hair. Well worth $37 to me.
3. Call some friends and have some fun. Me time doesn’t have to be alone time. It doesn’t even have to cost anything, Some of my best times have been hanging out with my friends on the deck.
4. Next time you have to run errands, add in some me time. Stop at your favorite coffee shop and treat yourself to 20 or 30 minutes all alone. No one has to know that you were doing more than errands. You deserve it.
5. Buy yourself some new bath products – something that smells wonderful. Turn your morning shower into a spa experience. What a great way to start the day!
There are a lot of ways that you can put more me time into your day. And you absolutely need to do it as often as you can!