31 Day Challenge: Day 21
If you have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, I don’t have to tell you that a lack of order in your home isn’t the only problem. In fact, it might not even be your biggest problem.
The clutter inside your head might be more important.
Am I right?
So how do you clear your head out so that what’s in there makes sense?
Well, I have a number of ideas:
- Consider ADHD medication; it works for a lot of people.
- Try a nootropic like Brain Stack
- Try essential oils like peppermint or blends made for ADHD
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Eat protein at every meal
- Drink enough water. If you’re thirsty, you are dehydrated.
- Exercise is one of the most beneficial things you can do to help focus and concentration, so do it regularly.
- Make a dump list. Write down everything on your mind on a piece of paper and refer to it as needed.
- Try an herbal tea or remedy to help you relax if anxiety is a problem.
- Learn to meditate. Giving your brain a rest can be very valuable.
- Practice yoga. It helps mind, body, and spirit.
- Examine your life. Are you trying to do too much?
- Practice excellent self care
- Give yourself at least 15 minutes of quiet time each day
- Learn to give up your perfectionist tendencies
- Set no more than 3 to dos or tasks to get done in a day
And finally, realize that it’s an ongoing battle, not something you can do once and check off as done.