Hi! My name is Brenda Nicholson and I am An ADD Woman – maybe just like you!
Over 30 years ago I realized that my young son had ADHD.
In order to be the best mom I could, I began what would become a life long quest to learn more about ADHD as well as how to live successfully with it.
It eventually turned out that in addition to my son and myself, my husband and both daughters had ADHD as well. Things have never been dull at our house! (The other advantage to this is that we talked openly about mental health and our struggles in our family with each other.)
My children are now grown and I am a grandma. There’s lots of experience there, and I’ve helped a lot of people along the way.
No matter how you struggle with your ADHD, I am sure that I can relate and help in some way.
I have shown up for appointments on the wrong day (sometimes the wrong week), forgotten more than I will ever know, and then there was that time that I forgot to buy Christmas dinner. Let me tell you – you can’t find it at CVS on Christmas day!
My Professional Accomplishments
I’ve had the privilege over the years of having a greater impact on the ADHD community than this blog could ever do by itself. Here are a few highlights:
- I created a successful coaching program at Schoolcraft College that addressed the unique needs of our ADHD students.
- I have consulted, in various forms, with numerous pharmaceutical companies.
- I have been published twice in ADDitude magazine.
- I have assisted in some way with research companies and television shows (including the Anderson Cooper Show) seeking more information about ADHD.
- I was an expert for the ADD section of Answers.com.
- This blog has been chosen numerous times as one of the best on ADHD by various companies and websites.
- I have been blogging at this site since April 2007.
How I Can Help You
I am here to help women like you who need some help in getting things under control, learning to manage their ADHD symptoms, and taking charge of their lives.
I can help through my blog, by answering your emails and comments, through my newsletter, and through my own signature products and coaching programs. (Note: at this time, all of my programs and products are being revamped and improved. Look for them in early 2019.)
Don’t hesitate! Life’s too short! Let me show you how to make sense of life with ADHD!
Disclosure notice: I sometimes recommend products, books or programs. I am often given a free copy of the book or a limited membership in a site in order to review it. I choose what I promote and never promote anything I would not use myself.