Here are 5 easy ideas to help make your life less complicated:
1. Make a master grocery list and print enough copies for a month or two. Then just use a highlighter to check off what to buy. Post it in your kitchen and you can also make note of any staples you run out of mid week. Even better – search for one online, like this one at Printable Master Grocery List.
2. Take 5 minutes per day and find 5 things to either throw away or give away. Have a box ready for donations in an out of the way place.
3. Prep food ahead of time. If you’re going to need chopped onions for 2 meals this week, chop them all at once and store half. Making tacos and spaghetti this week? Cook all of the meat at once, divide in half and season appropriately. Get the week’s worth of snacks for lunches and portion and store. Add a sandwich and a drink and you’re done!
4. Designate one day as errand day and do your running then. Make a list before you leave home and plan a route. Start with the furthest location and work your way towards home.
5. Put your junk drawer to use: store things that your family really needs and uses like extra pens and pencils, stamps, lip balm, tape or glue, and maybe even some spare change.
Simple little things can really add up to saving you time and reducing your stress. Be sure to give them a try.