The question has been asked before – I think someone even did a study – but did you know that most adults with Attention Deficit Disorder wouldn’t change it if they could?
I’m one of those people, and I’m glad I’m ADD. Want to know why? I’ll give you 5 reasons:
1. People with Attention Deficit Disorder are usually pretty intelligent. I know I’m smart, even though sometimes I don’t get things right away or struggle with them. I appreciate my intelligence and all it helps me do.
2. People with ADHD are usually very creative. I enjoy being creative and using my imagination in all sorts of ways. I like to cook, and craft, and do all sorts of “arty” things. I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t create something once in a while.
3. People with ADHD have great senses of humor (at least the ones I’ve met). I have my moments when I can be funny, but I certainly appreciate humor in others, too. When you have ADHD, you have to develop a sense of humor in order to manage sometimes.
4. People with Attention Deficit Disorder also have the ability to be childlike at times. Notice I said “childlike” not “childish”, although they may do that, too. To me, being childlike is to let yourself go a little bit and be playful and silly. Water balloon fights, stomping in the mud, and making snow angels aren’t just for kids, you know.
5. Finally, I’m glad I’m ADD because it has given me a chance to meet so many wonderful, interesting people. We really are a pretty interesting and entertaining group. I’m grateful that I’ve met so many of you online and some in person or on the phone. It has made my life immensely richer for it.
Why are you glad to be ADD?
Gute Arbeit hier! Gute Inhalte.