31 Day Challenge: Day 30
You know as women with ADHD, we tend to suffer from depression, anxiety, and low self esteem. And one of the ways that we reflect that is in our self care or lack of it.
How well do you take care of yourself?
I know that we all have a habit of putting ourselves last when it comes to caregiving. We will even volunteer for things before spending some much needed time on ourselves.
I have been just as guilty of it as any of you.
Now I’m not asking you to book a spa appointment for yourself and become self centered. Not that there is anything wrong with a spa appointment now and then, but being self centered is no good for anyone.
What I am asking is for you to take some time for yourself – just basic time for self care.
If you have to, make a list you can check off every day.
There have been times in my life when mine might have looked like this:
- Shower, wash hair
- Brush teeth
- Brush hair
- Put on clean clothes
- Get some sleep, but not too much (too much sleeping is a sign of depression)
- Eat healthy food
- Drink water
Hopefully you don’t need a reminder to shower every day, but if you do, be sure to do it and consider seeking some help. Talk to a doctor or counselor.
If you’ve got the very basics covered, maybe your list should look more like this:
- Take your vitamins, meds, and herbs
- Exercise daily, even just a little bit
- Take some time for you every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes
- Say and think nice things about yourself
- Call a friend, have some fun, laugh
- Take care with your looks
- Do something nice for you once in a while
Taking good care of yourself is a gift you give to yourself and the ones you love. Be generous.